• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flower ID, Thames Path, October 2017 (1 Viewer)

mathare

I feel this is probably a bit of a stupid question given how many of these flowers there were on a walk from Petersham towards Kingston at the weekend, especially in the area between Ham and Teddington. That makes me think they are quite common and I should know what they are by now - but I don't.

Can someone enlighten me please?

Thanks
Mat

Attachments

• P1030844.JPG
    P1030844.JPG
    510.7 KB · Views: 47
  • P1030842.JPG
    P1030842.JPG
    440.2 KB · Views: 49
Ok, there's no way I would have known that. Trust me to be quite taken with the flowers of an invasive weed though :-C

Thanks for the info Nutcracker

Ok, there's no way I would have known that. Trust me to be quite taken with the flowers of an invasive weed though :-C

Thanks for the info Nutcracker

Choking river banks out in places, we sometimes see gangs of volunteers trying to remove it on the Trent.

A

Trust me to be quite taken with the flowers of an invasive weed though :-C

Perfectly understandable, although exotic invasive flora is one of the most serious environmental issues globally, they're all beautiful plants in their own way. All are native to somewhere and will form part of a healthy ecosystem ;)

All are native to somewhere and will form part of a healthy ecosystem ;)
Yep! That's why it's always important to specifiy a location when talking about 'invasive'.

I've seen some info sites (including wikipedia) go on about a species as if it is solely an invasive, probably from outside the solar system, and had no place on earth at all

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back