• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (2 Viewers)

Splendid - I really like the 'cocktail' - that blaze of electric blue meandering its way through the scene epitomises kingfisheryness. Needless to say the original art is beautifully done.

don't know what's wrong with my computer, but I can't open any of the thumbnails at the moment - looking forward to being able to, seems plenty there to comment on.

Splendid - I really like the 'cocktail' - that blaze of electric blue meandering its way through the scene epitomises kingfisheryness. Needless to say the original art is beautifully done.

It is of constant surprise and delight to me what images can be derived thru computer 'tinkering';)....and really....i can only 'do' a certain amount as i am not skilled in all 'the ways' of photoshopping...!

ps...the kingfisher cocktail image was morphed out of an original 'piece' i did of a Belted K that i saw many moons ago in Ireland. I was not happy with the finished original work but there was enough textural qualities underlying that i thought it would be worth 'recycling'....

An afternoon visit to the dentist this afternoon necessitated me strolling thru a local park today...and as strong sunlight bathed the landscape i could not resist taking a few 'snaps' of the resulting shadows....

ps...forgive my self indulgence using a mobile phone camera as an artistic 'tool'...;)

pps..also forgive my shadow being integrated as part of the landscape...!

Attachments

• 007 - Copy.jpg
    007 - Copy.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 010 - Copy.jpg
    010 - Copy.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 008 - Copy.jpg
    008 - Copy.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 93
An old cartoony thing o mine....[great bird...crap weather]....we got soaked!

ps...anyone else see this bird...?

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 116
Natures art.....[not mine]....!

Attachments

• 006 - Copy.jpg
    006 - Copy.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 009 - Copy.jpg
    009 - Copy.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 008 - Copy.jpg
    008 - Copy.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 97
some very exciting colours, tones, textures and patterns here - and phallic rock number one is a gem!

some very exciting colours, tones, textures and patterns here - and phallic rock number one is a gem!

Yeah...i can never resist taking pix of the textures n patterns presented by nature....

ps...i did notice the 'phallic' thing going on and thought that it went well with the theme of 'new growth'....[which was what that pic represented...in my mind anyway]!

pps...i attach a couple of images based on seabirds this time...[as i've just been 'playing about' mixing colours on the pc]!
One's original artwork...the other 'an experiment'.....;)....[well..i've got to have fun haven't i]...?

Attachments

• 015 - Copy.jpg
    015 - Copy.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 012 - Copy (2).jpg
    012 - Copy (2).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 113
Such an enjoyable thread - diverse and stimulating. Love it.
Started back with the conventional paintings yet, User?

I'm glad...[that at least you..and maybe a couple of others];)...are enjoying the diversity of ideas and images Tim...!
I am very aware that my self indulgence and eclectic 'mix' might not be to everyone's taste....[considering the somewhat unconventional]?..approach!
It is all reflective of my nature tho...:eek!:

I never seem to have the time to do all that i want to do when 'in the field' where i essentially turn into an unceasingly [inquisitive] 'hunter'!
Indeed, i never even seem to have the time to do all the 'writing' projects that i indulge in when i get back home from 'the field' when i often enjoy writing comedy sketches/characters...[and no...i don't use 'dots' all the time];)....that just seems to be how i write when doing the blogging/forum thingy! Painting with words i call it....[i'm sure that other 'less amused' folk would call 'it' something else tho]...

As to your question whether i've started back on the conventional painting yet...the answer is no...[at the moment]! My hands get so cold..[white fingers]!...when out and about that i couldn't operate a brush or pencil even if i felt the desire to do so! Maybe in the summer i'll feel the urge?...who knows? I operate generally...according to how i'm feeling at the time....

So for the time being i shall continue to work on the natural 'themes' that inspire me from day to day....using the complexities of computer buffoonery as my preferred 'tool of choice'....[if that makes any sense whatsoever]...
ps...interesting thread 'devil in the detail' that you started Tim....!

Last edited:
you can certainly count me in the number enjoying the eclectic mix on this thread, and long may it continue.

I'm particularly taken with the unaltered nature shots, the most recent ones as well as the long shadowed ones. And of course my favorite from a week ago or so of the 'universe' hiding in the pond.

I do like weird nature shots that lend themselves to alternative interpretation but I will wait until I am little more sober before I chat about this one ( my excuse is that it is Friday after a tough week)

I'm particularly taken with the unaltered nature shots, the most recent ones as well as the long shadowed ones. And of course my favorite from a week ago or so of the 'universe' hiding in the pond.

Ever changing those little 'universes' within ponds....they always fascinate me too!

Always interesting to note folks particular tastes in the arts...[and we are all so very different...which is how it should be]...!

ps...i will continue to post unaltered nature shots as there are always things of interest that catch my eye when in the countryside...[and i can never 'walk by' an intriguing composition]...;)

I do like weird nature shots that lend themselves to alternative interpretation but I will wait until I am little more sober before I chat about this one ( my excuse is that it is Friday after a tough week)

Chuckle...! B :)

I love/like alternative interpretation 'stuff' too Chrissy...[obviously]...;)

ps...drop by anytime...[drunk or sober].....! No rules hereabouts....tho i do banish all forms of nastiness in this 'room'....[ i always envisage 'threads' as 'rooms' where folk are having a chin-wag]...i guess other folk do to...?

pps...i guess 'sober-ish' is best time to chat as you may regret saying something the next morning when you read it back....;)

Nah, don't be daft I am never nasty (hmmm perhaps to painful work colleagues that display ultimate arrogant bullying behaviours ~ perhaps I do have my moments pmsl ;-)
But when drunk, I am much more likely to turn vocal, very scary but pretty harmless. Just a little more honest ...me thinks with a smile :)
In fact if I was truthful, my drunken thoughts are often rather wonderful ;)
But, perhaps a little too imaginative...I see faces everywhere!

Yet more brill. I thought the phallus was a seahorse wearing a rucksack, so I am not fully tuned in yet, but I am working on it. Very much liked the curved dark seabird a few posts up.

Yeah...i was quite pleased with how the 'seabird experimental image' turned out Ed....to me it sort of captures some sort of 'essence/spirit'?..[hopefully that doesn't sound like pretentious crap]...probably does..;)

ps...'a seahorse wearing a rucksack'..? [chuckle]! I guess some of my more bizarre images are more like a 'Rorschach' test...[it is amazing what different folk will see]...

pps...Chrissy...when i get slightly intoxicated i just get sillier...[if that's possible]....;)

I've been watching this thread and have been fascinated. I think because I use photoshop all day at work it has lost it's 'fun' appeal for me...But you may just tempt me to fiddle about a bit sometime.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back