• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ushuaia November 19 2017 (1 Viewer)

andy latham

Anyone interested in birding the Garibaldi Pass to locate White Bellied Seedsnipe and Bridled Finch? I have contacted a local guide but need minimum of 2 persons to run, anyone up for a trek in the mountains of Ushuaia please contact me.
I've also organised 2 days around Rio Grande searching for Magellenic Plover and Ruddy Headed Goose so this would be another opportunity if anyone is interested.

Andy latham

Hope you enjoy Ushuaia Andy, one beautiful place from my country. Hope you have luck and can find the seedsnipe and finch.

I got the finch just outside Ushuaia, at 54° 47.53'S 68° 25.73'W.If you don't get anyone else for your tour you could try that valley. I guess seedsnipe might be there too though I didn't see any.

*change of date*
The date has been changed to 15th November 2017. Still open to interested party's.

Thanks Abru always worth having a back up plan!

#update#
i made the trip to Garibaldi Pass, had 2 White Bellied Seedsnipe, Bridled Finch, Ochre Naped and Black Faced Ground Tyrant. It was a tough 6 hour trek across across scree and snow often in blizzard conditions, seriously considered abandoning it given the conditions! perseverance and effort paid off in the end.
Rio Grande was excellent, Ruddy Headed Goose, Magellanic plover, Rufous Chested Dotterel, Tawney throated Dotterel being the highlights. Tierra del Fuego NP was very frustrating, heavy snow most of the day, jammed into Patagonian Tyrant shortly after the entrance and Spectacled Duck on the lake next to the restaurant. Spent all day looking for Magellanic pecker but missed it! Grey flanked Cinclodes by a stream was almostly certainly off the mountain due to snow fall along with loads of black faced tyrants.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back