• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Malta SOS Volunteer of the Year (1 Viewer)

A CHAPLIN

Hi Folks, I hope you will join me in voting for Astrid for the award. There is a list of candidates given on the link given and I won't be offended if anyone chooses to vote for one of the other candidates.

It may just help in our efforts to stop the killing of birds if Astrid won the award for all her hard work and show we appreciate someone helping conversation, it has a better result than killing the birds, sorry I don't know how else to put that.

Thank you.

Ann :egghead:

Hi Birders,

Astrid Vella of FAA has won the Malta SOS Volunteer of the year. Now she is the Maltese candidate for the European Trophy for Voluntary Work.

We are sending you this link http://www.benevolat.eu/en/vote.php to vote for Astrid Vella. It will only take a minute of your time and it is also very quick by simply clicking on Astrid's name in the drop-down menu to the right of the page.

This is a very small gesture on our part to show our gratitude for what Astrid Vella has achieved over the last couple of years.

We know for a fact that she literally works day and night to save what is left of the environment and also supports the fight against BIRD KILLING in Malta.

PLEASE also forward to as many people as possible because she definitely deserves this award.

Thank you.

Thanks Martin & Pie,

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Astrid, if you read the list they are all doing great jobs for their chosen voluntary work. I hope she wins to show the Maltese we appreciate their efforts in conservation and maybe more will follow her example.

Thanks again Everyone.

Ann

I have just seen this thread (after the results show that Astrid Vella came fourth), and was somewhat bemused to notice that the link to the European Forum of Voluntary Work indicates that it is "Under the High Patronage of Mister Nicolas Sarkozy, President of France", taking into consideration the track record of the French hunting and shooting fraternity!

Roger

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting the information and to everyone who voted for Astrid, she may not have won but coming 4th will show the Maltese (hopefully) that Conservation work can be rewarded and the birds can stay alive for another year, not a trophy for them to keep. Sorry I don't know how else to put that.

I wonder who recommended Sarkozy for the job considering his and the French attitude towards hunting, I bet he wasn't on the judging panel and is hiding his true colours.

Ann :egghead::flowers:

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back