• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tyttenhanger GPs (1 Viewer)

Personly i usually park in St Peter's Church in London Colney Car Park ( free to park) just after coming off the M25 j 22 head towards London Coloney should pass sainsbury on the left then carry on over the bridge and just pass the bridge on the right is the carpark then from the carpark head down the path away from the road through the willows park complex (public right of way) pass the pig pens then field with sheep with a plyon at the end and turn right and your on the looping trail round the site heading towards the hide.

More site information http://www.hnhs.org/birds/view_site.php?id=7 if it helps

Hi folks,

Can someone enlighten me as to how one accesses Tyttenhanger GPs please.

Cheers,

Adam

As it looks as if you will be coming north around the M25.

Exit J22 London Colney then either take Coursers Rd and park at Willows farm (In Focus have an optical shop here)

Or take the link rd up to A405/A414 (rather depends on the age of your maps) take rd to Hatfield pass a garage on right go back on yourself at next roundabout and take rough track just before garage. Years ago I was told by a bailiff to park in the fishing car park so still do.

Presumably you are looking for the Bean Goose. Seen on main pit not the narrow fishing pits but the pit to the south side of the Colne/ Coursers Rd side from either of above ways in.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back