• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is it a Bird, or is it a? London UK (1 Viewer)

ChrisKten

It's true, I quite like Pigeons
First off, I'm not too concerned about this, so feel free to ignore this thread. |=)|

I was playing with manual mode on my camera and zooming right in past 100% on the Laptop afterwards, when I saw what may be a Bird in a tree. I'm well aware that it is probably just a twig/branch/optical illusion, but I thought I'd see what others' think.

I've attached the original image and a close crop. I've also circled the area that the crop was taken from.

So what do you think? Do you even see something that looks like a Bird? And if so, what is it?

EDIT: I just had a premonition that this is going to be moved to the Quizzes sub forum.|=)|

EDIT2: typo corrected

Attachments

• DSCF7960R.JPG
    DSCF7960R.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 301
  • DSCF7960 -crop.JPG
    DSCF7960 -crop.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
First off, I'm not too concerned about this, so feel free to ignore this thread. |=)|

I was playing with manual mode on my camera and zooming right in past 100% on the Laptop afterwards, when I saw what may be a Bird in a tree. I'm well aware that it is probably just a twig/branch/optical illusion, but I thought I'd see what others' think.

I've attached the original image and a close crop. I've also circled the area that the crop was taken from.

So what do you think? Do you even see aomething that looks like a Bird? And if so, what is it?

EDIT: I just had a premonition that this is going to be moved to the Quizzes sub forum.|=)|

Koala bear?

I've just realised that this is probably how things like Bigfoot got started.

Totally unintentional on my part, I really thought it might be a bird.

I think I can see what you mean as a "Bird",
But going on the colour of it and the "Brown/Biege" shadow in the tree, I think it only a shadow, or a very large house sparrow with a split/forked tail.

I have traced what I think you think is a bird.
drawing is not a strong point of mine, and if my drawing is either correct or in the area you think is a bird it looks like a cockatiel or an Ivory billed woodpecker,

My money is still on a shadow though

Attachments

• a bird in the bush.JPG
    a bird in the bush.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 176
drawing is not a strong point of mine, and if my drawing is either correct or in the area you think is a bird it looks like a cockatiel or an Ivory billed woodpecker,

Thanks for bothering.|=)|

I'm leaning towards a trick of the light now, and the amount I zoomed in. Still, it was an interesting distraction for a while.

Clearly a Waxwing,could be on a nest.:-O

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back