• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Microsoft Critical Updates. (1 Viewer)

Andrew Rowlands

Wales
Microsoft has classified the following as critical:

- Security bulletin MS05-025, cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, also correcting a vulnerability that could allow remote execution of code and another that could allow information disclosure.

- Security bulletin MS05-026, could allow remote execution of code through the HTML Help. This affects Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows 98 and Windows Me.

- Security bulletin MS05-27, refers to possible execution of code in Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, because of a vulnerability in the processing of certain inbound Server Message Block (SMB) packets.

More information on all published bulletins at:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms05-jun.mspx

Get your Windows updated, folks; while you're there, look for Microsoft Antispyware, download and use it.

Regards,

Andy.

Andrew Rowlands said:
Get your Windows updated, folks; while you're there, look for Microsoft Antispyware, download and use it.

Regards,

Andy.

Let's hope it stays free when the beta version runs out..........

I really love Firefox browser, thunderbird email, really stable and secure, faster and smaller than IE explorer, tabbed browsing, many extensions and add ons, ----check it out and try it,-------
Jimmie

Last edited:
2aperegrine said:
I really love Firefox browser, thunderbird email, really stable and secure, faster and smaller than IE explorer, tabbed browsing, many extensions and add ons, ----check it out and try it,-------
Jimmie

Nice browser, something different for those anti M$, but as it's popularity grows so do the security issues, hope your running the latest version or your not as secure as you think.

2aperegrine said:
I really love Firefox browser, thunderbird email, really stable and secure, faster and smaller than IE explorer, tabbed browsing, many extensions and add ons

I use Firefox/Mozilla/Camino/K-meleon almost all the time, on PeeCees and Macs; unfortunately it needs an operating system to run on.

Andy.

I cant get these updates to download.. It keeps saying Failed any advice anybody?
I also use Firefox and find it much better than IE...
ps using IE to try and download updates...

littlestintboy said:
I cant get these updates to download.. It keeps saying Failed any advice anybody?
I also use Firefox and find it much better than IE...
ps using IE to try and download updates...

Any error messages?

Are you doing this from Windows Update?

Andy.

Yes to both questions.. Im using windows update and have plenty of space on my HD. No error msg it just says failed..

littlestintboy said:
Yes to both questions.. Im using windows update and have plenty of space on my HD. No error msg it just says failed..

And no error number on the Windows Update page that tells you it's failed?
Tried after a reboot?
Can you try getting them one at a time, via the Custom Install?

Guess you have admin rights?

You could try booting into 'safe mode with networking' and installing.

Could be some settings in your firewall, if you have one. I had this problem a little while ago and had to change the settings in my Sygate firewall.

Andrew Rowlands said:
And no error number on the Windows Update page that tells you it's failed?
Tried after a reboot?
Can you try getting them one at a time, via the Custom Install?

I have tried doing them from custom install. it didnt work.
Digi Birder I will try and change my firewall setting and try then..
Thanks all

A quick updated
I changed my firewall settings and this has done the trick...A Big thanks to all for taking the time to help :clap: :clap:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back