• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

7dayshop cheap SD cards, anyone tried them? (1 Viewer)

ruddyduck

I'm about to buy a nikon D50 and I see 7dayshop.com are selling their own brand Sd cards for silly money, for example 1GB £13.99 = P+P. Has anyone out there tried one in a Nikon D50, or should I fork out for a sandisk? I read numerous reviews on their website praising this bargain SD card, but none of the reviewers had used it in a Nikon D50?

Thanks

Jude :cool:

ruddyduck said:
I'm about to buy a nikon D50 and I see 7dayshop.com are selling their own brand Sd cards for silly money, for example 1GB £13.99 = P+P. Has anyone out there tried one in a Nikon D50, or should I fork out for a sandisk? I read numerous reviews on their website praising this bargain SD card, but none of the reviewers had used it in a Nikon D50?

Thanks

Not tried the SD card but I am using one of their cheap CF cards - 1GB, £15.79 excellent value and I have had no trouble at all.

Bought a couple of their cheap 512 cards earlier in year and so did friends on our recomendation.

None of us has had any problems, so a big thumbs up.

Stewart

SD own brand

... I've got a 7 Day Shop '1gig own brand' in my D50 and it works very well - no problems....

I've also just received a 2gig card from an eBay purchase (posted from China) and that also works as required...

...go for it.....

ruddyduck said:

Thanks

I have not had any recently but bought quite a few 64mb cards for the old Coolpix and all worked well apart from Viking cards of which 3 different ones corrupted on me one within 4 days----they did refund the price for which they were on sale at the time I returned them but then it was half what I paid but of course you could buy new for that price though I upgraded to Sandisk to save the worry having lost a lot of Bottle-nosed Dolphins!

thanks for your helpful advice, I'm completely new to digital photography, so I really appreciate your suggestions and tips.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back