• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best place os spotting Golden Eagles in June (1 Viewer)

On the west coast, check the Kylesku area, around Loch Glencoul, from the car parks at either end of the bridge. (Gordon recommends the southern one.) I saw Golden Eagles there while taking a boat ride up the loch to the waterfall.

I'd second Findhorn valley - have visited a few times and don't think we've ever failed to see golden eagle (albeit they can be far away over the hilltops - a scope is good). You can combine it with a trip to nearby (and wonderful) Loch Ruthven for the Slavonian grebes.

thanks Kathi

will have to put this places in my sat-nav

This Gorden bloke must know what he is talking about with everybody quoting him, I will have to source the

book.

Isle of Skye ( only a short bridge crossing ) is fairly reliable too, if you are going that far North, and if camping take every Midge repellent you can find !!
Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back