• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic G3 with spotting scope (1 Viewer)

m00baz00

Greetings - I am a newbie to the idea of using a scope but I am an experienced photo taker. I have seen several fairly good reports about Praktica scopes and the supposed good value they represent. I would be grateful if anyone could offer any advice on this make or indeed any other budget suggestions. I am retired hence my budget is not limitless. I also wear specs so the eyepiece is also a consideration. Ideally I would like to spend less than £120 but would be happy to buy secondhand if there are any recommendations.

I have experience of the relative good quality Praktica optics from pre German reunification times but I don't know about their current status in the optical world - again I would be gratetful for members experiences.

Following my purchase I would also like to mate the scope to my micro four thirds Lumix G3. I am aware that I will need an adapter to do this but that is where my knowledge ends.

Be grateful for any help/advice - many thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back