• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photoshop 10 crashing (1 Viewer)

Steve Arlow

United Kingdom
I use Photoshop Elements 10 currently and have a plugin called Imaginomic Noiseware and for years have been trouble free however a few months ago Photoshop started crashing when I used either the lasso or magic wand function to then use the Noiseware plug-in.

Everything works until the point I go to click off of the 'edited' portion of the image and Photoshop crashes.

This is strange as I have done nothing to result in the crashing to start (could it be a Windows update as the cause?).

I have read several forums and have taken action to reduce the amount of back/recovery actions and adjusted the memory percentages in photoshop but nothing works.

I have posted queries to the Adobe and Imaginomic Forums but have received zero returns from these.

I have uninstalled and re-installed both software packages and this has still made no difference.

Using Adobes own Noise control within Photoshop is not great so want to try and resolve this as its now to the point of spending hours on one photo instead of minutes.

Has anyone got any suggestions on a fix for this.

Many thanks

If you have a video card, pull the card and run the program using the video capability from the motherboard.

I'm not familiar with Photoshop but I had a crashing problem about a year or so ago. What happen was; my graphic card was corrupted via some automatic update. I did all the stuff you wrote about along with a system recovery to a restore point. Nothing worked. Eventually, someone suggested pulling the graphic card.....that's all it took, problem solved.

It was explained to me this way; on occasions, graphic/video updates will be written onto the graphic card itself. When there's a conflict between apps and the update, doing a roll-back or uninstall/re-install does nothing to remove the update once it has been written on the video card. The corrupt update stays on the video card. Maybe the card can have it's original software re-installed but that would have to be investigated from the manufacture's website.

My take away; maybe the card was corrupted or maybe it just went bad.

Just a suggestion......Good Luck my friend.

Last edited:
Many thanks however I wouldn't know where the graphics card would be to even start messing with the machines insides. And what would happen by pulling said card to the capability of playing / editing video?

Well, without the video card it would still be possible to play videos but I don't know about editing. My suggestion was not a means to an end just one step in isolating the problem. You won't know how much editing you can do but what you really want to know is; will the app still crash with the video card removed? If it doesn't, and it runs choppy or out of sync or in some other under performance manner then you most likely need to replace your video card.

As for identifying the video card, I suggest searching youtube for how to remove and install a video card. It's an easy entry level process.

Before that, do a visual inspection on where the monitor cable is connected to the computer (I'm presuming you have a desktop computer). You are using one of these; VGA, HDMI, or displayport monitor cable connection.

If you have a video card you will have two sets of one or more of these; VGA, HDMI or displayports, one for the video card and one for the motherboard video. If there's not two combinations of either of those, you only have a video card or a motherboard with no video capability. If that's the case, there's more to your problem than a faulty video card.

I apologize Steve, I wasn't trying to get you into something over your head.

On the other hand if the video connection is faulty and there is no currently installed video card, borrowing a card to check the performance would allow you to identify if you need a new video card to replace the on board video card emulation.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back