• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Samsung NX 1000 Help (1 Viewer)

LeeDavis

Lee Davis Wildlife Photography
Hi Guys,

I got this camera for XMAS for doing landscapes and wide shots of birds strapped to trees etc. I have read on the internet that this camera can be connected to the samsung galaxy tablet S2 so i can get LIVE view but cannot find anywere on how to do this. If its just a live view then not too much use unless i can take a photo from the pad.

Does anyone know how to do this and if you can take pics from the pad like a wireless remote?

Thanks

Lee

I do not know the answer, as I am using a panasonic camera. I would guess that your first step in finding out would be to search for an app for the tablet that would allow it to talk with your camera, to be downloaded either from the general app store or possibly directly from the camera manufacturer. You may even need a firmware update for your camera as well.

Niels

Again I am not a user of this camera, but in addition to the information on where to find the APP from the Samsung Web Site on page 107 of the camera manual there is this support page on the Internet which has a video discription of setting up the link and demos of its use. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/EV-NX1000BFWUS

Click on the blue arrows under Product Support Videos and you will get to a video labelled Remote Viewfinder - 2012 Samsung Smart Cameras

There are several comments on the internet elsewhere from users concerning the reliability of this link.

I notice that the Galaxy Tablet S2 doesn't seem to be explicitly mentioned anywhere, and most of the documents talk about Galaxy phones, however this video just talks about Samsung Android devices.

On the same page is a link to the Community Q&A link where you may find support from other users.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks for the info - I have now got this working on the s2 tablet thanks to your info.

All the best and new year.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back