• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Willow/Marsh, Old Moor RSPB nr Rotherham (UK) (1 Viewer)

tired_boy

This was on the feeders at the RSPB site near Rotherham. If you havent been before then the surrounding area is quite varied really, marsh, woodland, water.....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 146
Yeah, I think I'd go with Willow. Only thing is what looks like a white edge to the lower mandible. Probably something else though.

Jason

A classic really nice Willow. Nice and simple for a change. Just look at that plain white cheek in pic 3 - no marsh ever looks like that. It's showing most other id features too - all-dark bill, warm buff and fluffy underparts, bull-neck, wing panel in pic 3...

This was on the feeders at the RSPB site near Rotherham. If you havent been before then the surrounding area is quite varied really, marsh, woodland, water.....

tired_boy.

Thanks for posting the pics and the question.
I saw these birds at Old Moor on Tuesday of this week ( 23rd Oct ) and, as I havn't seen either birds for a couple of years, I was unsure. I didn't hear them call either!.

Alan - did you get to see the Firecrest? Its been showing everyday since last Sunday.
Bugger!
No! I didn't know there was one there, I was only able to visit for an hour, so couldn't stay and search!. Didn't ask in the Entry if there was anything out of the ordinary either!.

Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back