• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please ID this bird?. (1 Viewer)

christineredgate

Winner of the Copeland Wildlife Photographer of th
My ID,ing skills seem to have gone up the swannee.Must be because the birds are in all sorts of breeding/juvenile plumage etc.Here are two shots of a Tit/Finch(the latter I doubt due to the beak shape.
The second image may be a juvenile Great tit as the garden was full of them,but the RSPB bird book seems to be of no help .
Thankyou.

Attachments

• Liz Garden 2 31st May 006.jpg
    Liz Garden 2 31st May 006.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 280
  • Liz Garden 2 31st May 007.jpg
    Liz Garden 2 31st May 007.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 271
Thanks everyone.Somehow images in the birdguides are never as clear and true to colour as the actual bird.
Yes,Dave,this is the first avatar that Steve(Nova) created for me,and I must admit it is my favourite.Anyway it is the TT coming up,so I'm feeling very nostalgic!!.

Hi Christine,
Yes,these are both Coal Tits.Great Tit always has a dark stripe down the centre of the breast,yellow underparts,greenish upperparts and no white patch on the nape(this patch is also diagnostic of Coal against Marsh and Willow Tits).
Harry

Thanks,Harry,I spent ages checking the guide books,but just could not see anything which seemed identical.Anyway,I can add it to my GGBC list now.
Thanks again,

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back