• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sites nearby to Kings Lynn (1 Viewer)

Big Rob

Hi all.

I will be visiting Kings Lynn on work this Sunday and will likely be done by 1pm at the latest - given that Im based in London and rarely get to visit Norfolk I was wondering what site in the local area would be best to check out for a few hours of birding?

I dont drive so would have to take public transport, which will likely limit me. I saw Snettisham as an option (I can take a taxi from Snettisham to the RSPB site and back) but I thought I would see if you all had any other ideas, knowing the county much better than I do for bird sightings! Cheers.

Titchwell is an obvious alternative and you should be able to get a bus to the reserve possibly with a change in Hunstanton.

Have a good day.

Tony

The coasthopper leaves King's Lynn on the half hour on sundays, so first bus would be 13:30 - arrive Snettisham 13:58
It leaves Snettisham at 24 mins past the hour - last bus at 19:24, but you won't see much past sunset, say 4pm? So you'll only get 2 hours at best.
Titchwell isn't doable though. The earliest bus after 1pm from King's Lynn doesn't get you to Titchwell till 1528
bus timetable

Not sure what the birding is like on the docks at Lynn these days?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back