• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What was your first and last lifer for 2013? (1 Viewer)

First lifer of 2013: Bell's Vireo on January 6, 2013 here in Gainesville, Florida, USA.
Last lifer of 2013: Brazilian Merganser on December 10, 2013 at Serra da Canatra national park in Brazil.

17/02/13 Pied Billed Grebe
28/12/13 Brünnich's Guillemot

As a novice birder I think I had 34 life birds this year to take me to 199.....must try harder this year!

Last edited:
4/1/13- House Bunting
26/12/13- Brünnich's Guillemot
With 51 in between, including 20 in Britain (17 in Dorset). Bring on 2014- 8 new species already......

Collared Flycatcher and Ivory Gull.

Both in the county and both within half an hour of home.

And both found by the same local birder. So congratulations and many thanks to Gary.

Pink-footed Goose - 1/13
MacGillivray's Warbler - 11/23

Both seen in Pennsylvania.

I finished the year with 30 lifers. This was due mainly to a birding trip to North Carolina, including a fantastic pelagic trip with Brian Patteson.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back