• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I am a hawkwatcher (1 Viewer)

Hi All,

Some reflection on the world of hawkwatching, birding and birds in comic format. Hope you like. Is it wildlife? is it art? You decide?

Iamahawkwatcher

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 98
love it - reminds me of a cartoon I did before I saw my first black woodpecker - I might have to have a dig around and find it.

Terrific work - please keep posting. Slightly reminiscent of our old pal Mouldy (Alan Mould) - well worth a google as he doesn't seem to pop down here much nowadays.

Brilliant! And much needed satire...

amen to that

remember a few years back now, Doonesbury used to run with a birder theme?

OK- slightly longer ago than I thought..

----------------

Ask for May, Settle for June (republished as It’s Supposed to Be Yellow, Pinhead and Do All Birders Have Bedroom Eyes, Dear?, Fawcett, 1983)

In 1986, Garry Trudeau killed off Doonesbury’s one bird-watching character, Richard Davenport, husband of Lacey Davenport.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back