• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Using 2x convertor with Minolta dimage z3 (2 Viewers)

Suffolk Steve

Hi,
Just returned from using a 2x convertor on my Minolta Dimage z3 for the first time. Purchased it on e-bay for about £25 and first impressions are good. The photos seem quite sharp at the centre though they lose it at the edge. As this usually gets cropped it's not a major worry though.
The convertor steps me up to 24x optical or 840mm equivalent. All photos were taken hand held but using the anti shake mode on the camera.

Attachments

• Picture 074 small.jpg
    Picture 074 small.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 408
  • Picture 112 crop.jpg
    Picture 112 crop.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 442
I hope you're still around

....but it doesn't look good.

What kind of teleconverter was it? I've scoured high and low and I haven't found anybody who has had any luck with a teleconverter on a Z3.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back