• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Olympus 7070wz available to buy online? (1 Viewer)

YellowBudgie

I tried checking to see if this camera was available for sale online and had no luck finding one. I found plenty of places that would offer it and then they would not accept a credit card. I'm very weary of these offers and expect the worse. I went to 3 or 4 web sites and I could tell they were all from the same company.

I was hoping to find a camera more high end than my A95 and still able to connect to the DCA on the Swaro. It's a bummer the new Cannons have that coating on the lens that sounds like it creates problems with digiscoping.

See ya,

Sorry can't help about Olympus but on subject of digiscoping cameras, note that WaltersPhotoVideo are offering a S/H Nikon CP 8400 at the moment.

I went to H1photo (I think that was it) They were really quick and I looked tem up and they ARE legit. I looked at about 20 onlines with my camera that looked the same and had bad reps. Make sure to google the name of ANY company you go through under reviews and REALLY look at them

tizziec said:
I went to H1photo (I think that was it) They were really quick and I looked tem up and they ARE legit. I looked at about 20 onlines with my camera that looked the same and had bad reps. Make sure to google the name of ANY company you go through under reviews and REALLY look at them

Thanks! I'll defiantly take a look. Allot of these camera sites must be scams seeing they only want western union or papal. I wish goggle could do something about them coming up 1st, 2nd, 3rd hits....

tizziec said:

I checked their web page and they did not have the Olympus 7070wz listed. I sent a email off to them just incase.

Do you like your Olympus 7070wz so far? I really liked the reviews of this camera. It appears to be a favorite for many digiscopers.

Thanks!

YellowBudgie said:
Do you like your Olympus 7070wz so far? I really liked the reviews of this camera. It appears to be a favorite for many digiscopers.

I've been using one for about a year for both digiscoping and general purpose and I love it. I would highly recommend it if you can find one.

normjackson said:
Sorry can't help about Olympus but on subject of digiscoping cameras, note that WaltersPhotoVideo are offering a S/H Nikon CP 8400 at the moment.

Thanks Norm,

I do have a Nikon CP 8400 :) I just learned in a post you can connect this camera to the Swaro DCA which I did not know before. The lens always looked too large to fit. I was going to buy the Olympus 7070wz and sell the CP 8400 on ebay.

Recently I've seen some nice digiscoped photos with the CP 8400 and I decided to hang onto it. I thought I had made the wrong purchase but it seems it may work out after all.

I still would like to get the Olympus 7070wz if I can find it since it seems to be a favorite and well rated for digiscoping by many.

Did you just purchase a Nikon CP 8400 or have one? If so I'd like to hear how you make out with it digiscoping and how you like it. Just curious if digiscoping what type of spotting scope will you be using with it?

Thanks,

Nigel G said:
I've been using one for about a year for both digiscoping and general purpose and I love it. I would highly recommend it if you can find one.

I took a look at your gallery and the photos look great. I also noticed you were using the Nikon CP 8400 and took very nice photos with that as well. I have the Nikon CP 8400 and feel better to see such nice shots are possible with it. I would still like to get the Olympus 7070wz if I can find one out there.

Sorry YellowBudgie can't be much help. Do recall a few months back someone from UK on dpreview wanting to get hold of an Olympus C-7070 (was nothing to do with digiscoping) and couldn't. Maybe it'll be easier that side of pond. Isn't there an official outlet for Olympus refurbished cameras over there ? Could be worth a look.
For my digiscoping I'm waiting for the Sigma DP1 to be released to use with a small astro refractor and a wide angle 2" eyepiece. OK so I'm joking; I just can't imagine having any of the skills or patience for digiscoping. Besides, from what I can see it IS addictive, isn't it? And the only cure it seems (and then sometimes only partly successful) seems to be as bad as the disease : getting a DSLR camera with some enormous lens to haul around. One could end up with muscles that way 3:)

Good luck with the hunt for the Olympus; that is if the bill doesn't fit the Nikon ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back