• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hanna´s easel (1 Viewer)

Jiiiiihaaaa... I have a new studio for my painting work:king:
Now I have space for painting huge works too. Easel system is big enough for more than 2 meters wide canvases.

Right now I am working with series of Finnish owls. Here is one half way done.

I'd be jiiihaaing too if I had a nice large, well-lit studio like that!! Looks like it should be great fun to work in.

I'd probably have a melt-down of happiness at having my own workspace. I currently get a small time share of the kitchen table or sometimes the table the kids' dollshouse stands on if they forget to put it away...
Love the owl there.

This has kept me busy. This is sketch layout for Finnish Owls information board painting. This will be printed to 2 meters wide aluminum with title and bar with distribution maps, diets, measurements and so on. This sketch is made for the person who will make final layout. He will clean the edges and make the photoshop work properly. All birds are separate paintings that have been scanned while the background is still white. Later I will finish them and then I have 10 owl paintings.

Background painting has been worked after this a bit.

Attachments

• pöllötvalmis799.jpg
    pöllötvalmis799.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Some owl paintings ready

I am slowly finishing owl first used to previous owl board.

Attachments

• IMG_9429.JPG
    IMG_9429.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9416.JPG
    IMG_9416.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9443.JPG
    IMG_9443.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_9461.JPG
    IMG_9461.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 61
Some nice stuff lately Hanna - love the GG Owl. But the above four are the four species I missed earlier this year in Estonia....so I can't like them on principle! ;)

Here is nearly done ( some of butterflies need still work and I have fix one shadow... and shadow box needs to be stained and waxed) butterfly painting.

Attachments

• IMG_1815.JPG
    IMG_1815.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 70
I wouldn't have argued if you told me this was a photograph of actual butterflies. Great technique! The owls are beautiful too, and the background for the Barn Owl is fantastic.

big wow to these butterflies, amazing how you've managed to get them looking so real. Symmetry as seen in real life as opposed to mathematical symmetry.

oh, and the owls! Would love to see a pygmy owl like that, the only one I've seen was flying over my head.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back