• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Camera for abt £50 with 14+ megapixels? (1 Viewer)

mrspatch

mrspatch
Could someone advise me please?

After a new camera with about 14 - 16 Megapixels and can only spend about £50.

I havent got a scope yet - but want to use the camera by itself for getting nice quality pics of the kids too.

There are loads out there but dont know if they are any good for digiscoping too?

Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about megapixels. Anything over around 8mp is little more than a marketing ploy, unless you're doing very heavy crops or printing to poster size.

Sorry I can't be any more help.

David

Thanks for the reply - if I take some pictures of the kids I may want it blow it up to poster size.

I have a Fujifilm Finepix S5700 with 7 megapixels - and occasionally borrow a friends compact with 14 megapixels and the difference in image quality when blown up is immense.

I am in a bit of a quandary.

My fuji is getting old I dont think I can use it for digiscoping and I want a high resolution camera for also taking nice pictures of the kids and wildlife that can be used for digiscoping.

Plus a very limited budget!!!!! :-C

I wonder is there a 'chart' with good digiscoping cameras on - have tried googling but cant find anything?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back