• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eagle Optics To Close (1 Viewer)

I don't think it was competition aas Eagle was always in the ball game as far as price I think it had more to do with servicing thirty years of unlimited lifetime warranties. I couldn't guess how many thousand pair of Eagle, Atlas and Vortex there are out there not to mention scopes.
Steve

I bought my first good binocular from EO in 1999. From a black and white catalog as I recall. Remember that??

The choice was between Pentax 8x42 DCF WP and Nikon 8x32 SE. The Pentax was $500, the Nikon $700. As a penniless grad student either was a BIG deal, and I was very concerned about eye relief so I went with the Pentax ($200 less 22mm eye relief, but narrow FOV). Maybe not the best choice. ;)

But the first morning I took the Pentax out I saw a Red-breasted Merganser in a way I hadn't imagined was possible! Just a revelation compared with the junk I had been using. The moment just hooked me on quality optics.

I've gone through a lot of glass since then, including a stint with the Nikon SE, and most of it came from Eagle Optics. I could always rely on them for excellent advice and service.

They will be sorely missed!

I don't think it was competition aas Eagle was always in the ball game as far as price I think it had more to do with servicing thirty years of unlimited lifetime warranties.

I ordered some things from them recently and asked the lady about them closing. It sounds like they are going to focus on Vortex. All the existing staff will transition into Vortex roles. They will continue to honor all the warranties of their Eagle Optics products that were sold.

But, that is based on just a short conversation with the sales lady and I could be way off...

It sounds like the owners are smart business people and they certainly have made a positive impression with Vortex. My hats off to them for their staying power and creating Vortex. Very smart.

Dave

Sad to find this out. I also was educated by EO staff, they took their time to help. bought my first good bins from them, great people even drove to EO store once and got to meet them, wish them well

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back