• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unidentified Opticron Eyepiece (1 Viewer)

dylwylie

Hi,can anyone help me identify a opticron eyepiece which I picked up 2nd hand recently,all it has written on it is Opticron,then
D=60mm W22X , D+80mm W30X.
Cannot find one that matches on Opticron site,and am trying to work out the magnification on my Opticron Imagic 65,many thanks in advance for any help/imformation,cheers.

Last edited:
Hi,can anyone help me identify a opticron eyepiece which I picked up 2nd hand recently,all it has written on it is Opticron,then
D=60mm W22X , D+80mm W30X.
Cannot find one that matches on Opticron site,and am trying to work out the magnification on my Opticron Imagic 65,many thanks in advance for any help/imformation,cheers.

Don't know the eyepiece, a photo may help. But, if its 22x at 60mm and 30x at 80mm, its about ((80-60)/(30-22)+22)=24.5 approx, That probably close but could be out 1.5 either way!;)

Hi alan,not sure how you did the maths there but it's impressive!Could you possibly estimate what the magnification would be on my Opticron mighty midget 52mm,I would put a photo on but not sure how,many thanks Dylan

Sounds like an old HR eyepiece, probably our part number 40813.

On a 52mm scope that would be around 18x so pretty close to Alan's calculation.

Cheers, Pete

Hi Pete,bit of a fan of your stuff, I have the MM52ED,Imagic 65/45,Es 80 GS SD/45 and the 8x42 HRWP binos.I use the SDL V2 with them all and get great results,but hand carry the MM with a cullman shoulder pod and wanted to see what 18x mag with 60m field of view was like on it. I couldn't afford to chance the 40809 hdf eyepiece at £150,but this 40813 eyepiece is available from SpottingScope.co.uk for £19,and the 2nd hand one I picked up is super.Can I just say how good the HRWP binos are,compared them against Zen Ray ed's,Bushnell Ed's and much preferred them, sold the others!
Opticron praise over, not after a job there either,cheers for advice, Dylan!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back