• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

32xWA or 22Xwa Leica Lens for digiscoping... (1 Viewer)

buzzard12

So which is best. I am using a Canon A95, though the camera is irrelevant.
Currently I am using the Leica 20x-60x Zoom eypiece and while the results are good enough I never really use a mag over 30 due to reduced field of view and bad image results.
Cant help but think the 22x must be a great digiscoping lens, considering I will still have the zoom in my pocket...
Would love to hear from anyone who has used either, or both...

buzzard12 said:
So which is best.
Cant help but think the 22x must be a great digiscoping lens, considering I will still have the zoom in my pocket...
Would love to hear from anyone who has used either, or both...
If you can get close enough to the subject, the 20xWW on the Leica-APO is IMO the best eyepiece ever for digiscoping. Leica's 20mm eye-relief makes a significant difference... I am still struggling to choose a compatible camera to my Swaro 20xSW. :t:

Ilkka

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back