• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Index for ID Q&A (2 Viewers)

Right a few more added. I have a question and a request.

QuestionDo you find the way the species are grouped ok.. I have taken some liberties with Taxonomy eg - lumping Herons, Stork and Cranes together, since. If this is split into a new forum, with sub forums like the headings in here, (like the county and state ones) would it make sense?

Request If you think of any really good ID discussions that are not in Q&A could yous send me the thread url in a PM.

Ta muchly

This was very helpful Jane, thank you for taking the time to index these threads. However I still had to start another thread because I am a doofus and I simply cannot decide on my own what species of shorebirds I saw.

Edit: Hey mods any chance we can make this a "sticky" so that it stays on top? That would be good.

Last edited:
Just incorporated a load of corrections kindly supplied by Charles. And already I can see two or three formatting errors ... ah well next time!

will add a load more later today...just now I need to be out birding!

An excellent initiative, Jane, and very useful. Thanks for all the effort you are putting into it! I'm sure I will use it when needed. :clap:

Peter

1/4 of the way - actually a bit further since a lot of the more recent threads are already included. I have discovered that farmyard ducks and geese are much the most likely birds to get photographed and sent in.... that hummers are seldom identified and that CJW doesn't bother identifying gulls, he just posts pics of them in here :)

Jane,
Ta, you're not hoping to put the Collins book to shame by any chance ? This is a selfless effort on your part. I would never have the dedication for such an undertaking !

An amazing thread, well done Jane some really useful threads in there!

Btw just to let you know - the links to the "Saker" and "Grey Wagtail" threads both either don't work or don't exist!

[size=+4]I've finished[/size] well at least the Q&A threads and Seawatching.. I guess I should so Birds of Prey too since I haven't found that Honey Buzz thread yet!!!

Still de-bugging, so if you find any mistakes, think different groupings would be good say so. I have taken some liberties with systematic order since my guess is that people who will recognise that I've lumped birds on common appearance or names will have less need for the index!

Congratulations, Jane, and enormous thanks. That's fantastic work.

You do realise, don't you, that you've got youself an unpaid job for life! ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back