• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Index for ID Q&A (1 Viewer)

Terry O'Nolley said:
THis seems a great idea - but it only allows for one thread per species? I think someone should just write a module to automate this task.

Automation would be nice. There are many links per species.

eagle

Hi Jane,

There was a short thread on Beaudouin's Snake Eagle (I think thread 30878) with a very nice photo and some ID tips. You might want to include it in your Index (which is great by the way!).

I couldn't find it by searching Forums for "Beaudouin's" but if you put in "Eagle" and "Gambia" it should come up!

Cheers,

Saddinall

Wheatear ID

Keep up the good work Jane - I admire your dedication and the end result
So here is the latest ID problem from Bahrain A Wheatear - It has been posted on the networks but I got only a few replies - ALL DIFFERENT bar two
See for your self and great pictures as well -- thanks to Juhani Kyyrö for them
http://www.hawar-islands.com/wheartear.html

Last edited:
I've just updated the index again. If I've missed any threads where people have taken time to explain ID's, especially tricky ones, or I've missed any unusual/new species (these will mostly be SE Asian and African species) let me know. If the latter also give me a clue in which section to put it!

the bad news is that I left the latest version with a shedload of updates in Manilla on my external drive. Hopefully its being FEDEXed to me!

Jane Hi.
Although I never saw the 'Chinatown' warbler, would I be right in assuming that it's jizz on occasion as it moved through the canopy was more Phyllosc like as opposed to the forward thrusting of say Reed Warbler?. I've already examined one of the early best right to left facing images in the birch tree and I'm fairly certain that I have an ID. Have had a lot of experience looking up into the canopy at bland looking Hippos/Acros within the urban setting. It Would be a lot more expedient for me to qualify my reasons by telephone as opposed to the ebb and flow of forums.

Regards Ken

I don't post much but would like to say what a great idea for a thread!

Must have taken ages to copy/paste all those links!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back