• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice Please (1 Viewer)

Arsenal Birder

I'm sure this will have been asked at some point, however please could somebody let me know how you go about putting your name across your photos. I regularly see this being used (usually without too much detriment to the shot) and having had my fingers burnt once in terms of a company using my pictures without being credited; i don't want a repeat.

many thanks

What software do you currently use for post-processing? Lightroom makes it very easy, Photoshop has fairly easy ways of doing this - some of which could easily be adapted to other packages. There are several stand-alone bits of software to do the job as well - a google for 'watermark software' will give you a lot of hits.

Thanks for replying fellas,

I have managed to acquire Adobe Photoshop CS4 from my place of work.

I have only used the clone tool so far! Will spend some time now i'm on holiday getting to know it a bit more. Any tips are most appreciated.

many thanks

Paul mentions Andy Bright's link using brushes and that is a good way to do it.

Another way is to create an "Action" in CS4, easily Googled or shown on YouTube. This remembers everything you do the first time and then, with a simple click, your name and any other details you need will appear on any other images you want to add it to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JssogKr-Vhk&feature=related

Last edited:
Paul mentions Andy Bright's link using brushes and that is a good way to do it.

Another way is to create an "Action" in CS4, easily Googled or shown on YouTube. This remembers everything you do the first time and then, with a simple click, your name and any other details you need will appear on any other images you want to add it to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JssogKr-Vhk&feature=related

Thanks BarryH, will give it a go

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back