• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

News from Leica in Solms Germany (1 Viewer)

Ian Hardy

I have read recently from a few people how bad the service from Leica was. I would just like to say that at this moment I am extremely happy with them, I contacted Leica in Mayfair on Monday concerning my 7 X 42 Leica Ultravids which need some minor repairs doing to them.

They arranged for U P S to collect them from me on Tuesday, they were in Frankfurt yesterday evening and reached Solms this morning.

I have been in contact with an Andre Frankl at Leica who told me as soon as they have tested them she will contact me to let me know when I will have them returned to me.

They are 10 years old but have a 30 year warranty. I will give a further update when the work has been done and I get them back.

Cheers

Ian

I have just received a letter from Leica listing the following Replace control knob/button, adjust cover, replace lens tube, exchange lens needs to be adjusted adjustment of all parts and nothing to pay.

And all done within a week I think that is outstanding service.

I agree Ian, outstanding service. I have a couple of trinovids, still in warranty, so thanks for sharing, good to be aware.

I also received excellent service when dealing with Andrea Frankl several years ago. It seems Leica get it right some of the time, but not always.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back