• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon A95, Remote Cable Release?? (1 Viewer)

buzzard12

Recently got an A95, and am happy with the camera, results are improving all the time. I am using a pennine type metal bracket to attach a cable release, though am finding that the hard metal bracket is scratching up the shutter button on the camera an making the camera's zoom controls more difficult to operate. Will find some felt to alleviate the problem öf wear on the camera but am wondering if it is possible to get a electronic remote cable release for the camera....

buzzard12 said:
Recently got an A95, and am happy with the camera, results are improving all the time. I am using a pennine type metal bracket to attach a cable release, though am finding that the hard metal bracket is scratching up the shutter button on the camera an making the camera's zoom controls more difficult to operate. Will find some felt to alleviate the problem öf wear on the camera but am wondering if it is possible to get a electronic remote cable release for the camera....

I tried to find one a little while ago but with no luck, Harbortronics seemed the best bet but they don't do one for Canon A series.

I've used a bit of self adhesive velco on the shutter button, works OK.

regards

john

john-henry said:
I tried to find one a little while ago but with no luck, Harbortronics seemed the best bet but they don't do one for Canon A series.

I've used a bit of self adhesive velco on the shutter button, works OK.

regards

john

Thanks John,
Will try the velcro. If I come across anything in the remote dept. here in Sweden I will let you know...

Hi John-henry

I have the same problem too. If you don't mind, could you post a photo in order to enlighten how to fix it. Many thanks

Cheers
L-mike

Hi John-henry

I have the same problem too. If you don't mind, could you post a photo in order to enlighten me how to fix it. Many thanks.

Cheers
L-mike

L-mike said:
Hi John-henry

I have the same problem too. If you don't mind, could you post a photo in order to enlighten me how to fix it. Many thanks.

Cheers
L-mike

Hello L-Mike

I just use a bit of waterproof sticking plaster, seems to work fine.

Robin

Attachments

• DSCN0159.JPG
    DSCN0159.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 236
  • DSCN0163.JPG
    DSCN0163.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 262
  • DSCN0164.JPG
    DSCN0164.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 277
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back