• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

swarovski dilemma (1 Viewer)

308CAL

I can get a 2004 pre-NEU but new in the box 8x50 for 1175$

I can get a a 2007 NEU 8x50 for $400 more...

I know the NEU has green coatings maybe better transmission and/or colors and contrast but is it worth the difference? Both come from authorized dealers?

please let me know your thoughts

There is really no big difference between the 2 either one is overpriced for a binocular but if you do want it buy the pre-new model these new coatings you can not see any difference it is all marketing hype they have to add something to a newer binocular to make it sellable but in honesty you can only put so much coatings on a lens it has to stop somwhere there is no perfect binocular Including Swarovski and Leica or Zeiss , You can get a nice Steiner 8x50 for half the price or less the optics are just as good and build is excellent too.

I agree. I have the 'older' style SLC's and would not swap them for the newer version. I prefer the comfort, feel and shape of the older style and I could not see any difference in the transmissions etc that would be worth another $400.00.

Doug........

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back