• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Versions of the NIKON 7463# 20X-30X-38X (1 Viewer)

mayoayo

Hi..I own a Nikon eyepiece,part number 7463..Marked in the body with :
60- 30X
78- 38X
I know there are versions marked with 60-78/82 specifications and a last version including the power granted to the ED50-60-82 ...Is there any optical difference between this eyepieces?...I noted that the threads are different,mine(older ) has only three threads,versus 7 threads in the last version

I am sure there are threads with this info already posted,but cant find any..

Thanks

I have both. Both share ~4 threads. The v1 prism-side lens gives off a purple coating reflection while v2 gives off a green. Eyelens side reflections on both are the same. Sometimes I think v1 delivers a little warmer image. I have not done any testing though since even if confirmed it may just be my sample.

Hi ,thanks for the info..
You know if the Version with the rubber eyecup is the same as the V1 screw-up eyecup,or there were already changes in coatings between those two versions?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back