• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

strange unknown florida usa bird (1 Viewer)

baycountybirder

Hello,
What kind of bird (or is it a bird) is this? Whatever it was, it was high in a tree in Bay County, Florida, USA on September 10, 2011. Sorry about the quality of the picture. It was taken from a boardwalk over a swampy area and we couldn't get any closer. Maybe it looks familiar to someone?
Thanks so much,
baycountybirder

Attachments

• 2011 09 10_4651-unknownbird.jpg
    2011 09 10_4651-unknownbird.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 262
If it's the brown blob, maybe a brown thrasher... but it's really not possible to tell. I'm honestly not sure where the bird is.

Looks more like a discarded brown plastic bottle with a black top ...Strongbow Cider if im not mistaken B :)

where is the bird in this picture? also, do you have any more shots?

Here is the bird (or animal?) in the picture - the only picture we took of it. Just wondering if someone has seen anything like this. (No, I have not been drinking.)
Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• sep 10 2011.jpg
    sep 10 2011.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 133
It would be a third or fourth state record for Florida.

But to confirm such a record, you would need a photo with a visible bird in it.

Caros

Sorry, about that, I had to change computers. My engineer son who is visiting wanted me to make him a pancake.
I have the gps coordinates for the area where we found it. Maybe, we can find this thing again and take some good clear pictures. Maybe, wishful thinking.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back