• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yes, an ok day (1 Viewer)

Karl J

Went to Strumpshaw yesterday, an average day by my standards.

Snipe, Tufted Ducks, Pochard etc ... couple of Gt Crested Grebe, few Teal. Took a wander about & had a couple of Siskin pointed out to me as they flew over. Goldcrest, a very tame Robin & some others in the woods as well as a drumming Woodpecker .... though I never actually saw it

Kept up my 100% record of just missing a Bittern.

Marsh Harriers ... 1 M, 1 F

Not bad at all

Congratulations... erm... I mean commiserations on the Bittern.

Took me eight years to get mine!

Is it a lifer or just a Strumpshaw Bittern you keep missing Carlos?

Keep searching after those woodpeckers... it's sounding promising. Swap you one of mine for the Snipe? ;)

Yes cheers, I saw one about this time last year but since then it's been pretty much blank, leaving just before one turns up or getting there just after it's dropped into the reeds. Oh well ... just have to sit and watch the harriers instead

And it's a good reason to go back again

So thats where it's been seen is it, I'll keep that in mind. No doubt i'll make a trip there this weekend sometime

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back