• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Oriental Bay-Owl on Pulau Tioman (1 Viewer)

Morg

I'm not sure that this species has been recorded on Pulau Tioman before but here is a link to some photos I took of an individual silent bird in the forest behind Melina Beach in the very early hours of Saturday morning last week.

http://morgithology.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/oriental-bay-owl-pulau-tioman-malaysia.html

I was there for a week or so and while I did not record many species of birds I did see plenty of colugos as well as a mouse deer, horsfield's flying squirrel and camera trapped a brush-tailed porcupine.

Geoff

Thanks Hor Kee. I have looked through the DigDeep blog on several occasions and did wonder whether it was worth passing the info in that direction.

thanks

Geoff

Thanks Hor Kee. I have looked through the DigDeep blog on several occasions and did wonder whether it was worth passing the info in that direction.

thanks

Geoff
There are few Island Records for the Bay Owl in West Malaysia,
including Penang (common) Langkawi (few records) Tioman (1 or 2 including yours) But there are very few records of Preying by the Bay Owl,
would you like to submit this as a write-up if and when we do articles on owls. Tan Choo Eng, Editor (Recent Sightings) of "Suara Enggang" Bird Bulletin of Malaysian Nature Society. Let me have yr email and I will forward you a sample copy, now published in Soft (PDF) copy only.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back