• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Malaysia at this time of the year (1 Viewer)

Stenella

Hi there,
I'll head to Malaysia in one week (27Oct) and will stay for about 10 days (6Nov).
I must admit this trip happened a bit as a coincidence - as weird as this may sound.
My final destination is New Zealand but when I booked my flights the idea crossed me to take advantage of this peculiar stop-over place!

As a matter of these facts my planning is not really advanced yet. I only know that I'll mainly concentrate on the west coast (only peninsular Malaysia in any case!) and that I want to combine some cultural experience with some good birding! However, I am not sure how accessible some of the prime birding spots, particularly Fraser's Hill and Taman Negara, will be as my stay collides with the beginning of the rainy season.

I've checked some weather forecast sites already and indeed it seems to rain quite a lot already.

But I wondered if there's a still a large enough time window during the day to take advantage of?

So, I am happy if someone can share his/her experience to go birding in Malaysia during this time of the year.

Also, if there are other birders around during this time, I am really happy to meet up and go birding together!!

Thanks and cheers,

Carola

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back