• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kuala Lumpur, Lake Gardens Park (1 Viewer)

AndrewHeath

也称为“赫安哲”
I will be in Kuala Lumpur soon on business for 4 days. It looks like the only place I'll have time to visit it Lake Gardens Park. Does anyone have any tips for this location? Also any information about opening/closing times or facilities?

I'll post a trip report here when I'm finished.

To answer part of my own question, this is the park website: Perdana Botanical Garden. It underwent a name change in 2011 but most international sources still refer to it as Lake Gardens.

The park opens at 0700 and closes at 2000, seven days a week.

To answer part of my own question, this is the park website: Perdana Botanical Garden. It underwent a name change in 2011 but most international sources still refer to it as Lake Gardens.

The park opens at 0700 and closes at 2000, seven days a week.

Yes, although the park has been upgraded and changed its name to Perdana Botanical Garden, everyone still refers it to KL Lake Garden.

The garden is fine for casual birding for local species this time of the year such as White-throated Kingfisher, Common Myna, Javan Myna, Olive-backed Sunbird, Oriental Magpie Robin, etc.

The garden is fine for casual birding for local species this time of the year such as White-throated Kingfisher, Common Myna, Javan Myna, Olive-backed Sunbird, Oriental Magpie Robin, etc.

More or less exactly what happened! :t:

(using the eBird names for all of these, red = lifelist)
Little Egret
Striated Heron
White-breasted Waterhen
Zebra Dove
White-throated Kingfisher
Coppersmith Barbet
Common Flameback
Black-naped Oriole
Slender-billed Crow
Yellow-vented Bulbul
Oriental Magpie Robin
Asian Glossy Starling
Javan Myna
Common Myna

The best part of the morning was getting long, close looks at a male and female common flameback. Absolutely lovely!

The worst part was the amount of motorbikes driving through the park. I think it would be noticeably improved by banning combustion engines within the park with the exception of maintenance vehicles. But what do I know, I'm just a whiny foreigner! ;)

The most amusing part was when I went to use the bathroom and found they charge 0.2 ringgit and all I had was a 50 note fresh from the ATM. The old woman manning the potty-checkpoint was really flustered over the possibility of waiving the 0.2 ringgit fee so I could go pee. Ultimately she let me in and then managed to find someone to give me 49.80 in change while I was inside. Whatever you want, hon!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back