• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Long-billed partridge? (1 Viewer)

Hi all,

on 26th of March 2014 just above Bukit Fraser (Malaysia) I saw 4 small chickens of probably Rhizothera longirostris (Long-billed partridge).
Please, can anyone confirm my determination? In field guide to the birds of SE Asia from Robson (2008) there is no picture of such small juveniles so I am not 100-% sure. But I don´t know what else it could be.

Thanks for any answer.

Attachments

• DSC_1497,džajra1.jpg
    DSC_1497,džajra1.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 219
Hi Boris,
These are probably Malaysian Hill Partridges. I spoke to Geoffrey Davison, the authority on Malayan galliforms and he shares the opinion.

Do you have more photos?

Best,
Ding Li

Hi, Ding,

I have 3 photos more, but, unfortunately, any of them has more details than this one. This is my best photo.
I saw in Bukit Fraser Arborophila orientalis campbelli as well (but only adults), but on other place, near Bishop trail, cca 2 km from this site.

Sorry for late answer...
Boris

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back