• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID / Confirmation please : Pembrokeshire (1 Viewer)

syjohnchambers

I need a little help with the attached.

Believe 1st image to be female Linnet

Believe 2nd image to be female Linnet

Believe 3rd image to be Whitethroat

Believe 4th image to be Meadow Pipit

Not sure about 5th image, gull has yellow legs but looks to light for LBB Gull

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• crop IMG_6476.jpg
    crop IMG_6476.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 57
  • crop IMG_6481.jpg
    crop IMG_6481.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 51
  • crop IMG_6884.jpg
    crop IMG_6884.jpg
    590.7 KB · Views: 59
  • crop IMG_7084.jpg
    crop IMG_7084.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 68
  • crop IMG_7169.jpg
    crop IMG_7169.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 66
Believe 1st image to be female Linnet - yes

Believe 2nd image to be female Linnet - yes

Believe 3rd image to be Whitethroat - yes

Believe 4th image to be Meadow Pipit - looks more like a Rock Pipit to me; was it close to the coast?

Not sure about 5th image, gull has yellow legs but looks to light for LBB Gull - legs look pinkish to me (pink / yellow can be surprisingly hard to differentiate in poor light!); I think Herring Gull.

Believe 1st image to be female Linnet - yes

Believe 2nd image to be female Linnet - yes

Believe 3rd image to be Whitethroat - yes

Believe 4th image to be Meadow Pipit - looks more like a Rock Pipit to me; was it close to the coast?

Not sure about 5th image, gull has yellow legs but looks to light for LBB Gull - legs look pinkish to me (pink / yellow can be surprisingly hard to differentiate in poor light!); I think Herring Gull.

Thanks for that Nutcracker, what makes you think Rock rather than Meadow (yes it was near coast)

Agree with the first 3 IDs. The pipit is a Rock (heavily streaked and rather dark face from what can be seen of it. Dark pink legs). On my screen the gull's legs look distinctly less yellow than the bill, so yes, I agree they are pink. Just that lighting or perhaps camera's white-balance settings make them look slightly less pink, so I agree with Herring.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back