• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fraser Hill, Cameron HLs or Taman Negara ? (1 Viewer)

I see hot curry hasn't slowed that silver-tongued wit ;)

Quite the reverse...the (Bull)sh1t's been pouring out of me here ;0)

Trust the gang's all well and did ye get the settlement for Scaly trip I sended?

McM..of the secret seat of porcelain...

Quite the reverse...the (Bull)sh1t's been pouring out of me here ;0)

Trust the gang's all well and did ye get the settlement for Scaly trip I sended?

McM..of the secret seat of porcelain...

I did thanks mate. All's good - looking forward to some more trips. Tianmushan at the weekend yielded Yellow-bellied tits and ..... Snow !

Plane tickets are booked !

24th April (01.30 flight) thru 1st May (19.30 flight).

I'll definitely be doing both Fraser and Taman Nagara. Even if it's just for a flavour of both, I can always go back to whichever I enjoy best.

Itinerary to go something like this :

24th : Arrive around 07.00. Travel either to Fraser or Taman Nagara. Afternoon birding.
25th/26th - all day birding
27th - birding until late afternoon then travel to Fraser / Taman Nagara
28th/29th/30th - all day birding
1st - a.m birding then leave to travel back to KL for 19.30 flight to Shanghai.

Any advice on which way round to do it ?

If anyone has any recommendations for accommodation on both Fraser Hill and Taman Nagara I'd really appreciate the information.

Thanks ! Kevin

Last edited:
Kevin

I stayed at Mutiara Taman Negara. Its the right side of the river and means that you get out of bed and hit the trails. I had Broadbills etc from my balcony. I think it is a little more expensive than some other accommodation on the far side of the river, I thought convenience was worth the extra. Very nice place, food good, Beer expensive and laundry was cheap and quick.

I stayed at Shazan Inn at Frasers Hill. Grey Nightjar in the tree right outside the hotel, Long Tailed Sibias, 2 Species of Laughing thrush and Silver Erased Mesias, Fire Tufted Barbets on the feeders in the hotel grounds, others will have their own recommendations. Enjoy!
Dave

Kevin

I stayed at Mutiara Taman Negara.

I stayed at Shazan Inn at Frasers Hill.

Thanks Dave !

I've gone ahead and booked those two hotels (to be sure of rooms - the Mutiara was already fully booked on some of the dates i wanted so they could only do 27th-1st therefore those will be my dates in Taman Nagara and 24th-27th at Fraser Hill).

I can easily cancel them at no charge before the 20th April (using Agoda) so I'm still looking for another option (especially for Taman Nagara as the Mutiara is about x2 what I what hoping to pay for a room just to recharge batteries and my body) !

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back