• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spy In The Wild Thursday 12th January 2017 (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
Saw this advertising in the paper looks good. Basically cameras that look like animals and you get close up views of animals similar to that Penguin camera that was on a programme few years ago.

Last edited:
Yes me too... looks really interesting. Set to record.

Thanks Euan.

Absolutely loved it tonight the images were amazing and it was just extraordinary how wild animals behaved with the Spy cameras.

I watched this expecting some nice photography and dreading banality and cuteness. Instead I was increasingly astonished and riveted. Excellent stuff!

John

Mmmm... I watched it this afternoon.

It was excellent, with some amazing behaviour captured. I'm so glad I've recorded this.

Only managed fifteen minutes before giving up, despite all the hype about the spy cams there was very little actual footage from them used, in the crocodile section there were what seemed like barely ten seconds of footage from inside the mothers' mouth, the remainder of the section was all filmed with other cameras. Disappointing to say the least. Won't be watching any more. Also, like so many natural history programmes the same s*dding species all the time, elephants, crocs, chimps, meerkats, let's have a bit of variety, there are only millions of species on earth after all.

Also, like so many natural history programmes the same s*dding species all the time, elephants, crocs, chimps, meerkats, let's have a bit of variety, there are only millions of species on earth after all.

I agree with you a bit, but when there's new behaviour being shown I don't mind seeing the same species (my personal bugbear is elephants: seen one, seen 'em all as far as I'm concerned.) The langur and chimp sequences were extraordinary.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back