• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Prey in Stourbridge (1 Viewer)

dkiteley

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of good locations for sights of Sparrowhawks and Owls in Stourbridge and surrounding areas.

Would be great to hear back from some people.

Cheers.

Edit - Here is a link to my wildlife photography Instagram page - https://www.instagram.com/davidkiteley_wildlife/?hl=en. Some people have rightfully pointed out that my post might appear suspicious as an Egg Collector or someone else up to no good. That is not the case. Here is also a link to my website (still a work in progress!) - http://davidkiteleywildlife.co.uk/

Last edited:
Sorry but information like that will not be broadcast by the majority of birders because of egg collecting and persecution of birds of prey my personal feeling
Good Birding YAMYAM

Hmm you're probably right. How annoying.

I'm a wildlife photographer, would be nice to get some Sparrowhawks and Little Owls (any owls!) for my portfolio. So many Kestrels!

If anyone would like to private message me with locations that would be greatly appreciated.

I think a link to your website, or some of your portfolio might be in order before anyone starts sending you any info. This is your first post on here and to quote Mandy Rice-Davies "Well he would say that, wouldn't he".

To be honest for Sparrowhawks, start feeding the birds in your garden and wait for them to arrive. I have a virtually daily visit from one of the local pair. Owls - try a churchyard. Or wander about in a wooded area around dusk and listen - they are vocal at this time of year.

Mick

I have now edited my original post for this thread with links to both my Instagram and website.

Sorry if I have caused any suspicions!

MTem, thanks for the tips. Never had any Sparrowhawks visit my garden and we get plenty of Blue Tits, Robins, Sparrows and Blackbirds due to birdfeed.

Will take a wander through Bunkers Hill Woods in the dusk sometime and hope for the best. I often photograph in the fields around the woods as they are great for sights of a juvenile Kestrel that I have been watching for months now. I've heard there are Little Owls in a tree close to the farmer's house on these fields, but I'm not sure what his and his many dog's thoughts would be about me sitting outside the house for hours..

I believe I've sighted a Peregrine over the fields a couple of times now, once being today. I got a terrible shot of as it was so high but I just wanted to see what it was. Zooming in, though blurry, it sure looks like a Peregrine. Will post a new thread for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back