• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trittiford mill pond and the dingles bird sightings (1 Viewer)

The Kingfisher this morning was just down from Trittiford on perches over the River Cole. It flew down the river with the sun shining making it a brilliant blue/green colour. It stopped on another river perch then some dogs went into the river and it flew back up to Trittiford.

Nice walk round Trittiford lots of gulls I do love them :)
4 x Pochards, one lovely Kingfisher, Long Tailed tits, Goldcrests, 2 Redwings :)
Didn't see any Little Egrets but a lady said there was one on the river at the Dingles.

Three is the magic number - just down from Trittiford on the River Cole/the Dingles, first a Heron, then a Little Egret and I had a run up and down the Cole and on my way back, a Kingfisher on the Chinn Brook, right next to the River Cole. Never seen one on the Chinn Brook before, seen one listed and now I've seen one on it. Great!!

That's great I haven't seen a Kingfisher there I will have to keep a look out, when I drove past the Old Mill pond today there was one Little Egret in the tree :)

Little Egret at Trittiford today first time I've seen him there his usually at the Dingles or Old Mill pond apart from that it's very quite 5 Pochards, lots of Pied Wagtails :)

Little Egret at Trittiford today first time I've seen him there his usually at the Dingles or Old Mill pond apart from that it's very quite 5 Pochards, lots of Pied Wagtails :)

A Little Egret can often be seen away from the various waters along the river perched high in trees.

Des.

Trittiford Mill Pond 12.00
My first kingfisher on the Trittiford Mill pond today at the Scribers Lane end. It flew off to the river and then was sat on the railings for the closed footpath. Pochard on the pond and a heron in the marsh next to the river. Great!!

Quick afternoon visit to the local Trittiford.

1 Shoveler (male)
3 Lesser Black-backed Gulls (Adult, 1w and a 2w) amongst the numerous Black-headed Gulls
5 Pochard (male)
2 Bullfinches
1 Nuthatch
1 Goldcrest
1 Great-spotted Woodpecker
amongst others

Attachments

• Little Egret River Cole.jpg
    Little Egret River Cole.jpg
    752.3 KB · Views: 85
Goosander

Five Gossanders, 3 male 2 female at Old Mill pond, Priory road today (Vince Garvey)
Also on Friday there was still 2 Shoveler at Trittiford :)

Five Gossanders, 3 male 2 female at Old Mill pond, Priory road today (Vince Garvey)
Also on Friday there was still 2 Shoveler at Trittiford :)

Yes, I saw the five Goosander, a few Tufted Duck and three Heron on the Old Mill Pond today. A Heron took off and got mobbed by a Gull. Four Pochard on Trittiford. High water on the River Cole, it was up and over the central walkway meeting the mill race. Water too fast and brown for a KF.

Goosander

When I arrived at the Old Mill pond today there was 4 female Goosander and 3 Drakes but then 2 Drakes flew off, in the end there was 1 Drake and 6 Females not bad for a little pool hopefully the other two Males will return :)
Also Two Little Egrets in the tree.
121redo.jpg
197redo.jpg

They spent a lot of time right at the back hiding when I got there this morning there was one drake and two females but then this afternoon after a lady decided to talk loudly asking us what we were doing they flew and went onto Trittiford still there at the back of Trittiford quite nice because it's a Trittiford tick for me :)

A Kingfisher on a perch over the River Cole at the Dingles this morning. It had it's back to us and sat there for a few minutes. A man walking and another man walking his dog stopped to look at it with me. The walker commented on the colour and said he usually saw them up past Trittiford and on the canal. The kingfisher then turned round and saw us looking so it flew off past us and it banked as it took the bend of the river. Great! The dog walker said it had made his day.

This morning on the River Cole, Dingles just down from Trittiford, first a Heron, then a Little Egret, then I could hear the two tone call coming along the river and I looked over the bushes to see the blue of the Kingfisher as it flew past. Great!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back