• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

At last.... (1 Viewer)

Correct Pete, my error. Thanks for pointing it out. It's on already and I am still searching for anything I can put up without any processing and if possible no cropping as well.

I suggest that you do process your photos as usual. I always do. Cropping or not is of own preference, as long as it is stated approx how much.
It's all in good fun.
I suggest we keep the gallery uncommented - only photos. If need be, a separate thread with comments could be created.

I agree, if you shoot in RAW then you need to process as the shots are basically unprocessed for sharpness etc. I go through a couple of sharpening stages, one in Lightroom using the detail slider which isn't so much a sharpening stage but it makes details stand out a little. Then I use Smart Sharpen in CS2 which sharpens the details nicely. If the detail isn't there in the RAW file then there's no point over sharpening as to the trained eye it will be obvious. Even over sharpening detail that is there will be obvious because it will introduce all sorts of funny patterns that the trained eye will also pick up. Processing is a fine art, just like taking a sharp photo, get both stages right and you are there. :t:

Paul.

Correct Pete, my error. Thanks for pointing it out. It's on already and I am still searching for anything I can put up without any processing and if possible no cropping as well.

You take some really nice shots Al, so you shouldnt have any problem finding some ;)

Great Idea

Great ideas guys, .....my own equipment should be up and running soon ( Revelation ED80 ) and I would hope to contribute to gallery when ready.

May I throw a name into the hat......`Prime Focus Gallery` and if any possible new thread is attached it could be called`Prime Focus Workshop`. Think also that any gallery photos could easily have brief details of scope etc. inserted into a small corner of photo, much as Paul often does.

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back