• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski 8x32 Fieldpro - what Harness (1 Viewer)

sbb

I am about to jumpthe gun and order a Swaro 8x32 EL Fieldpro.

I was wondering what harness do you guys use with the new swivel fieldpro? it looks like that inorder to attach a harness you need to have the Fieldpro swivel with the plastic buckle at the end which attached to the harness, this was based upon the below Swarovski video.

Does this Fieldpro swivel-buckle piece come with the binos when you buy them? Or is that a piece that comes with the Swaro BSP harness. The reason why I ask, is that currently I have two harnesses (optech and vortex) that use a buckle and was hoping I can unclip them from current binos and attach it to the new Swaros 8x32 field pros without buying the Swarovski BSP harness.

See the below swaro video where they clip in the buckle.
http://www.swarovskioptik.com/hunting/bino-suspender-pro-c20010813/bino-suspender-pro-p5191926

Last edited:
The special attachement comes with the dedicated harness BSP bino suspender pro.
You won't be able to use your previous harnesses on the field pro serie.

You get the explanation how to connect the Harness to the Field pro Binos on this video too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UJ0FS0N03c

But I'm surprised you want to use a harness with the EL 8X32.
They are really light.

The special attachement comes with the dedicated harness BSP bino suspender pro.
You won't be able to use your previous harnesses on the field pro serie.

You get the explanation how to connect the Harness to the Field pro Binos on this video too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UJ0FS0N03c

But I'm surprised you want to use a harness with the EL 8X32.
They are really light.

I guess I should try them without a harness first. On long hike across cliffs, hunting, biking and hills climbs approx 10 kms, any weight kills the neck and the harness distributes the weight and stops the swinging. Well the 42mm ones defiantly did chaff the neck and move around heaps. thanks for the advice :)

You can also get free adaptors from Swarovski Customer Service that will allow you to use any "traditional" strap (or harness) if you do decide you don't like the supplied FP strap.

One of the main advantages of the FP is the ability to very quickly alter the length of the strap, you might try wearing it bandolier style when hiking or crossing rough terrain or even just over one shoulder, then reverting to the conventional position when it suits.
As Rob mentioned the 8x32s are really light - give em a go first.

Great little bins :t: and light enough to take with you all the time!

My FP's came without the lug style connectors although a quick call to the importer for Swarovski here in NZ and I was sent some.

I used the medium Kuiu bino harness with my SV 8x32 and large with my EL Range 10x42 FP. I like the Badlands bino harness too. I need to protect my bins when climbing and scrub bashing as I use them for deer hunting as well as birding.

The FP alternative lugs work perfectly with the usual generic flat bino straps.

Thanks for the replies gentleman. I have wrote in to Swarovski and they will be sending me the adaptors! Can't wait for the New Swaros EL 8x32's to arrive!

Well the 42mm ones defiantly did chaff the neck and move around heaps. thanks for the advice :)

I know it's hard to believe but there is a big difference in the way these two models carry even though the difference in weight seems small. My 8x32SV feels feathery around the neck compared to my 10x42WB, which I did use with a harness. Not needed with the 8x32 even in hot temperatures.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back