• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cameras that can handle non cpu lenses and scopes (1 Viewer)

thornlv

I have recently bought a Nikon D7000, have been using it with my SW ED80 setup with dandelion chipped adapters. Shooting just prime the chips give me metering and focus confirmation with 'focus trap' shutter release, same as my D90. Under certain conditions I also get focus trap with a Kenko pro 1.4 TC as well, but no chance with the DOI 2X, Sigma 2.5X and Fuji 3X home made TCs, but meters ok as these are chipped as well.

However, have been tinkering with the 'Non CPU lens data' setting ( ie enter lens focal length and aperture), with this setting I get metering and range finder focusing no problem without the need for chips. Have set up Non CPU entries to accomodate the DOI and Sigma TCs.

I have also played with this setting on my Nikon 300mm F4 ED lens with the DOI 2X TC, focal length of 600mm at F8, this too works very nicely - correct exposure and rangefinder focusing. Have yet to play with this properly under 'real world' conditions instead of indoors shots of books etc.

Will post some results later.

Maybe if your camera body supports this function it bodes well for seamless adaptation (albeit manual focus)

Vic.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back