• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some pics (1 Viewer)

cango

spring it's on it's way. So they say.
here's som pics to keep us warm :)
(celestron 80ed at 600mm, oly e-500)

Attachments

• bramling.jpg
    bramling.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 185
  • _2196516-Edit.jpg
    _2196516-Edit.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 164
  • P1095688-Edit.jpg
    P1095688-Edit.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 170
  • P2206631.jpg
    P2206631.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 152
thanks, both.
The square ones are only cropped square (a portion of the width from 4:3 ratio)
the others, as is, not cropped.

Very nice shots! The Oly is a 4/3 camera, yes? That sensor seems to work really well with a scope.

yes, its a four thirds camera - the Hawfinch is taken with my E-3 (now back from shutter repair) the other three with the E-500 I have for backup. As all systems/cameras, it has it's good and not so good qualities. So far it serves me well, and I like the 2x crop for birds.

So far it serves me well, and I like the 2x crop for birds.

Nice pics there. very sharp and full of details. The part I like most is your 2X crop. At least you don't have to worry about our ongoing quest for higher magnification LOL.

is it ever enough reach? :-O

thanks for the comment.

LOL..of course never enough reach but what can we do to over come atmospheric distortion? I could not get proper focus with the 2.1X Telenegative added at most times because of the high humidity here. With the same reach, you are 33% ahead of mine so if I am to crop the 33% I loose the pixel. :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back