• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leg Locking Clips for Manfrotto tripod (1 Viewer)

Heathy

I have just received a Manfrotto Tripod which is in very good condition but on carrying it one leg always drops down and is very annoying. Can you get Leg Locking clips from anywhere so that they can be pushed into place when walking with the tripod closed.

Marc Heath

Heathy said:
I have just received a Manfrotto Tripod which is in very good condition but on carrying it one leg always drops down and is very annoying. Can you get Leg Locking clips from anywhere so that they can be pushed into place when walking with the tripod closed.

Marc Heath

Depending on which model the tripod legs are you can adjust / tighten this slackness by means of an allen key - (there are access points underneath on some models)......the model number is usually on one of the legs eg 055BWB.

Spares or repairs for Manfrotto are best sought directly with their UK agent J.P.S.S. tel no. 0870 4436843 or contact the person or shop you purchased it from!

Good luck

I wonder if Marc is referring to the leg clips such as those on the Carbon Fibre models?

My Carbon One 443 model has them, but so do several other models. They are attached to one leg and have clips for the other two so as to hold them in place when carying the tripod.

The part number is R440.57 - see - here

I think Manfrotto would be the best people to ask. They've replaced a few things for me very quickly and at no cost when it's a part that's been defective.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back