• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI Real's Wood White sites (1 Viewer)

Larry Sweetland

Formerly 'Larry Wheatland'
Hi,

Sorry about repeat, but I entitled this wrongly before.

I'm trying to plan a cycling trip to Ireland, hopefully to see Real's Wood White and Irish Damselfly on the wing. Does anyone know of good sites for these 2 species that are within a day or two's cycle ride of each other, the nearer to Dublin the better? Also when would be the optimum time to go in order to find both spp ?

Cheers,

Larry

this should be of some help to you re flight time sites etc.

http://www.ukbutterflies.co.uk/species.php?vernacular_name=Réal's%20Wood%20White

Thanks everyone.

It seems Montiaghs Moss might be a great idea if we first get to Belfast. Anyone been there or know anything about where to look at the site ? I'm finding it incredibly frustrating trying to register on the ukbutterflies site in order to post any questions there, and I'm pretty sure I'm following the instructions properly!

Thanks everyone.

I'm finding it incredibly frustrating trying to register on the ukbutterflies site in order to post any questions there, and I'm pretty sure I'm following the instructions properly!

I have exactly the same problem, registered some weeks ago, get emails about upgrades but have still not been activated!

SW

I have exactly the same problem, registered some weeks ago, get emails about upgrades but have still not been activated!

SW

Glad it's not just me ! I hope Pete Eeles reads this Forum and looks into it. I think more gen would flow through his site if more people could actually contribute to it !

I now have some detailed site information for butterflies and dragonflies at Montiaghs bog and Craigavon Lakes. PM me if interested. I've just heard that the Real's Wood Whites are out already.

Hi folks - finally got to this thread.

Apologies for those who haven't had their registrations activated on the UK butterflies website. I received a deluge of just over 500 registrations (i.e. SPAM) over a week period and, in going through them all, probably mistakenly zapped some genuine registrations. The activation mechanism is an unfortunate neccessity to stop hackers bombarding the site with spam.

If you could register again I'd appreciate it - and apologies for the hassle. You should get activated within a couple of hours, and a maximum of 24.

Cheers,

- Pete

Hi folks - finally got to this thread.

Apologies for those who haven't had their registrations activated on the UK butterflies website. I received a deluge of just over 500 registrations (i.e. SPAM) over a week period and, in going through them all, probably mistakenly zapped some genuine registrations. The activation mechanism is an unfortunate neccessity to stop hackers bombarding the site with spam.

If you could register again I'd appreciate it - and apologies for the hassle. You should get activated within a couple of hours, and a maximum of 24.

Cheers,

- Pete

Well done Pete, and thanks for keeping that wonderful site going !

Hi all,

Bumping the question rather than starting a new thread.

I am looking at trying to find this species around Rosslare, hopefully as a foot passenger. if anyone has any info on sites near the harbour that would be helpful!

Cheers
Kev

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back