• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A book bargain!! (1 Viewer)

Pam_m

Hi folks ,

Just to say I have purchased a book this morning 'Photographic Guide to the Birds of Britain & Europe' by Hakan delin & Lars Svensson. A bargain at £5.00p from a Wilkinson store, RRP £17.99p. It is the 2002 publication, but Birds don't change that much do they!

I have just checked on Amazon and their second hand books start at £10.00p, so I think I had a good buy there!

A nice book to see me through a few Winter night's!!! :t:

Best Wishes

Hi Pam,

Always worth checking isn`t it? We have a book market here each month and it`s surprising what`s available for so little, with books that I wouldn`t give house room to going for much, much more! My only problem is keeping any new ones from my OH`s sight until I can safely say that `I`ve had that for ages, you just haven`t noticed it!`

Well done Pam - what a bargain - and what a lovely book to dip into over the dark nights ahead.

Good afternoon ladies,
My last son is leaving home in 2 weeks to go to University and we are going to convert the small spare bedroom into a library.
I can't wait to get started as we've books all over the house and attic! :eek!:
So the long winter months will be spent re-finding and re-reading and then re-arranging all those forgotten treasures......also it'll stop me from missing my "baby" too much....I hope!!!!!! |=(|
Best wishes,

Hi Pam,
It sounds a lovely book, I am going to my local Wilkinson Store tomorrow so I will look out for it.

Hi Ruth,
Ahhhh, it is a horrible feeling when the last one leaves home. I kept going into my daughter's room completely lost and had a horrible empty feeling inside. Keeping yourself busy doing that sounds an excellent idea, as long as you don't keep coming across books that you used to read to him when he was little ha ha! that would start you off. ;)
All the best,

Hi Pam,
Sounds a good book.. it's great when you can pick up a good bargain isnt it?...we dont have a Wilkinsons nearby though...drat :C

Ruth..that must be a horrible feeling..luckily I have two still to 'fly the coop'. ;) .my oldest daughter decided that even travelling up and down to Paisley for Uni every day living at home was still cheaper than moving up there and getting a flat! That girl knows which side her bread is buttered on!! :'D

Best wishes

Hey that is a bargain Pam! I've just looked it up on the internet and it sounds a great book. Will pop in to Wilkos next time I'm off that way. Thanks!

Hi Pam

Guess where I'm going tomorrow! With a bit of luck they'll have the book in stock and I'll be buying it. While visiting Wetherby yesterday I did a tour of the charity shops hoping to find a posh bargain. I came home with a Reader's Digest book - Wildlife on yoiur Doorstep, a bargain at £1.50. I used to have the full set but they went AWOL when I moved house. I just can't resist buying nature books, I have a large bookcase full of them. My family say I'm a hoarder but I call them "My Collection".

Angelface said:
Ahhhh, it is a horrible feeling when the last one leaves home.
Thanks for those thoughts Angelface,Dizzy too.
It's not going to be too bad as he'll be coming home at xmas......it just seems like a long time at the moment but it'll soon go!! :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back