• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ST Mars Island (1 Viewer)

cuddy

Brian Robson
Out to my local patch early,wetland was quite but the willow scrub held three Chiffchaff and a Sedge Warbler promising,as these are the first for the year on the patch for me.

On the sea Gannets and Kittiiwakes were moving and Sandwich Terns were in good numbers, also a few Sand Martins and Swallows were cruising the beaches/ cliffs.

Back to the wetland and first White wagtail followed by Wheatear and Whinchat delighted, to be followed by Whimbrel and Common Sandpiper, migration was in full flowChatted to abirder from Birmingham who was keen to pick up a few species as he comes from a landlocked county and he managed to pick up 6 year birds including Purple Sandpiper.
Yesterday i managed too see Black Throated Diver, Yellow Wagtail and Jack Snipe so the weekend has been great

Also saw my first Lapwing chicks today on site like little versions of Star Wars Deathwalkers they are so charming.

cuddy

That was an excellent trip out. Loads of good stuff there. Where is St Mars Island exactly?

I take the fifth on that , should have read St Marys Island, but unfortunatly my typing finger was drunk unlike the rest of myself which was totally sober.

Magpie

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back